Priority 5: ICT leadership
ICT is a key enabler of all industry sectors, providing opportunities for businesses to improve productivity and reach global markets. Globally, ‘digital’ is one of the fastest growing industries. It underpins all other sectors, with ICT skills a requirement in the majority of job roles.
Over the next three years we will strengthen the ICT industry and government’s partnership and leadership by:
- providing advice to government on ICT technology and skills to support achievement of the government’s priorities including advanced manufacturing; aerospace; biofutures; biomedical; defence; METS (mining technology)
- improving information sharing in relation to emerging technologies and ICT disruptors including Artificial intelligence (AI) and Data Science
- sharing data, analysis and insights to inform planning and policy development, where possible
- strengthening the relationship and coordination of activities between government and the ICT industry.
- Increased ICT skills to support Queensland’s economic development priorities.
This consultation has now closed and we are reviewing the responses.